Terms of Reference
- To advise University Executive Board and the Finance Committee on environmental-related matters affecting the University.
- To monitor, review and make recommendations to reduce the environmental impact of the University and enhance the contribution that the University makes to sustainable development, through the delivery of its Environment Strategy.
- To develop, implement and monitor the University's Environment Strategy and Carbon Management Plan in line with the University's Strategic Plan.
The Committee will meet three times per year.
Chief Estates and Facilities Officer (Chair): Chris Jagger
Director of Sustainability: Andy Nolan
Environmental Manager: Gavin Scott
Energy Management Engineer: Tim Rudge
Safety Office: Dr John Sutherland
Students' Union Environment & Social Justice Officer: Tom Parker
External Member of University Council: John Saunders
Procurement representative: Caroline Blackman-Edney
IT Services representative: Lucy Burrow
External Relations representative: Kerry Law
Teaching and Learning representative: Sarah Speight
Research representative: Peter Licence
Students' Union staff member: Phil Smith
Rachel Greatrix, Lucy Burrow, Kerry Law, Mandy Roshier, Sally Hibbert, Sue Lane
Secretary: Gavin Scott
* Campus representatives can be from either support or academic-related areas, they shall serve for a maximum of three years
- A six-monthly report to University Executive Board on Environmental performance and Carbon Management
- A report presented to Council on an annual basis, reporting against our Environmental Strategy and Carbon Management Plan
(updated March 2016)
Return to Committees list