Global Engagement Board
Terms of Reference
- To guide, support and monitor the effective implementation of the University's new International Strategy in accordance with Global Strategy 2020.
- To support and reinforce the embedment of internationalisation activities across all academic disciplines throughout the University.
- To encourage and support an interdisciplinary and cross-functional approach to developing international teaching partnerships with key overseas institutions across the globe.
- To develop and support plans to engage with leading international institutions and global businesses, in order to produce world-leading research, innovation and impact.
- To develop and support plans to engage further with the student body to enrich their learning experience through international mobility, including with industry and between the University's campuses in the UK, China and Malaysia.
- To develop and support plans to engage further with overseas alumni as active ambassadors of the University.
- To report to Senate on relevant international activities.
Pro-Vice-Chancellor, Global Engagement (Chair): Professor Nick Miles
Associate Pro-Vice-Chancellor, Asia: Professor Michèle Clarke
Associate Pro-Vice-Chancellor, Americas: Professor Neville Wylie
Associate Pro-Vice-Chancellor, Europe: Professor Peter Stockwell
Associate Pro-Vice-Chancellor, Middle East and Africa: Professor Robert Mokaya
Associate Pro-Vice-Chancellor, Research Strategy and Performance: Dr Richard Masterman
Vice-Provost, Teaching and Learning, UNMC: Professor Fon Sim Ong
Vice-Provost, Teaching and Learning, UNNC: Professor Uwe Aickelin
Associate-Provost Global Engagement, UNNC: Professor Y J Lin
Faculty of Arts representative: Dr Julian Stringer
Faculty of Engineering representative: Dr Adam Clare
Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences representative: Dr Catrin Evans
Faculty of Science representative: Professor Michael George
Faculty of Social Sciences representative: Professor Mathew Humphrey
Director, Asia Business Centre: Jason Feehily
Director, Campaign and Alumni Relations Office: Douglas Thomson
Director, Office of Global Engagement: John Quirk
Students' Union President: Alan Holey
Secretary: Julie Sowter, Office of Global Engagement
(membership updated August 2017)
Return to Committees list