Knowledge Exchange Board
Terms of Reference
- To review and evolve the University's Knowledge Exchange Framework and Strategy in accordance with the University Strategic Plan, for approval by Senate.
- To advise the University Executive Board on the allocation of resources to deliver the aims and objectives articulated with respect to the University's Strategic Plan, as laid out in the Knowledge Exchange Framework and Strategy.
- To allocate resources on behalf of the University Executive Board in support of (1), primarily utilising HEIF funding.
- To monitor the implementation of the Knowledge Exchange Strategy and to evaluate its impact.
- To monitor the internal and external developments and trends in Knowledge Exchange, and take account of them in the development of future Knowledge Exchange strategy and policies.
- To agree University responses to significant consultation processes related to Knowledge Exchange from external bodies.
- To make regular reports to Senate on its activities and plans.
(alternative members in brackets)
Pro-Vice-Chancellor for Research and Knowledge Exchange (Chair): Professor Dame Jessica Corner
Pro-Vice-Chancellor for Global Engagement: Professor Nick Miles
Vice-Provost, Research and Knowledge Exchange, UNNC: Professor Chris Gerada (Jason Feehily)
Vice-Provost, Research and Knowledge Exchange, UNMC: Professor Claire O'Malley
(Professor Denny Ng)
Associate Pro-Vice-Chancellor for Research Strategy and Performance: Dr Richard Masterman (Steven Hardy)
Associate Pro-Vice-Chancellor for Innovation, Business Engagement and Impact: Professor Herve Morvan
Director of Research and Innovation: Ryan Keyworth
Director of Digital Research: Alison Clarke (Dr Stuart Moran)
Director, International Office: John Quirk (Helen Foster)
Director, Careers and Employability Service: Dr Nalayini Thambar (Stuart Marriott)
Director of Philanthropy, Campaign Office: Elspeth Gilfillan (Kate Lockhart)
Associate PVC for Research and Knowledge Exchange, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences:
Professor Richard Emes (Professor John Atherton)
Pro-Vice-Chancellor, Faculty of Science: Professor Kevin Shakesheff (Professor Zoe Wilson)
Director of Impact and Knowledge Exchange, Faculty of Engineering: Professor Chris Tuck
(Professor Steve Morgan, Professor Sarah Sharples)
Pro-Vice-Chancellor, Faculty of Social Sciences: Professor Todd Landman (Professor Andrew Leyshon)
Director of Research and Knowledge Exchange, Faculty of Arts: Professor Maiken Umbach
(Professor Zoe Trodd, Professor Jeremy Gregory)
Director of Haydn Green Institute for Innovation and Entrepreneurship & Professor of Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Nottingham University Business School: Professor Simon Mosey (Professor Martin Binks)
Director, IP Management and Commericialisation: Dr Susan Huxtable (Dr George Rice)
Secretariat: Dave Tuer, Research and Innovation
(membership updated November 2017)
Return to Committees list