People Strategy Committee
Terms of Reference
In respect of all University staff:
To provide insight, steer development, and make recommendations to Council on the University's people and employment related mission and strategy, ensuring alignment with the University Global Strategy, mission and plan.
- To provide advice on organisational programmes and proposals that aim to improve and enhance overall performance and effectiveness.
- To monitor University progress relating to staff engagement and impact on organisational performance, for example, by reviewing impact measured through the Staff Engagement Survey.
- To review reports, monitor, debate, and advise on the University response to key employment issues, both local and national.
- To ensure the University has appropriate employment policies and procedures in place to support the agreed people strategy as appropriate.
- To receive and consider reports from the Director of Human Resources, including from Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Board and other committees, bodies (eg. related matters from the Health and Safety Committee), or sub-groups, as appropriate.
- To monitor the delivery of the People Strategy. Consider and provide a steer on the management of related risks and issues. Consider impact of activity on any approved performance indicators and against overall University performance.
Reports to: Council
External Member of Council (Chair): Mrs Lynette Eastman
Chair of Council: Mr John Mills
President and Vice-Chancellor: Professor Shearer West
Associate Pro-Vice-Chancellor for Equality, Diversity and Inclusion: Professor Marion Walker
Director of Human Resources: Mrs Jaspal Kaur
Deputy Director of Human Resources: Mr Peter McCracken
Director of Communications and Advocacy: Mr Tim Watkinson
Four external representatives as approved by Council:
Five senior representatives from the Faculties (nominated by the Faculty PVC):
Two senior representatives of Professional Services:
Return to Committees list