Led by The University of Nottingham and working with the universities of Loughborough, Newcastle and Liverpool, this four-year PhD programme will produce research leaders in Additive Manufacturing (AM) and 3D printing (3DP).
Students will acquire the knowledge and skills to fully utilise and improve the use of AM in manufacturing, and use it to tackle major scientific and engineering challenges.
The programme includes:
- specific training in AM and 3DP methods and techniques
- opportunities to attend international study tours
- a student cohort encouraging collaboration and team work in multi-disciplinary groups
- working with industrial sponsors (subject to agreement)
- a minimum three-month industrial internship (subject to agreement)
EPSRC Centre for Doctoral training in Additive Manufacturing website for full details.
Current studentship opportunities
Joining this Doctoral Training Programme will give students the opportunity to:
- receive the specialist training needed for a professional career in 3D Printing in a four-year course
- work directly with leading academics and industrialists
- receive stipend enhancement year 2-4 (subject to agreement)
- potentially travel abroad to overseas laboratories and international conferences
First-class or upper-second-class honours degree or MSc with distinction in physics, chemistry, engineering, biological sciences or a related discipline.
Studentships are available to EU/UK candidates. Full details can be found on the EPSRC website.