Study a postgraduate degree course at The University of Nottingham, Britain global university, in 2017 with a prestigious international scholarship.
Scholarship opportunities are available from the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission and our own range of international scholarships, including our Developing Solutions Masters Scholarship for outstanding students from Africa and the Commonwealth, as well as Chevening Scholarships (now closed for 2017 entry.
We are proud to support these prestigious international scholarship programmes.
Chevening Scholar Hadiza Santali Sa'eed from Nigeria discusses her scholarship and experiences at The University of Nottingham.
Scholarship winners share their advice and experiences on our International Student Life blog
Developing Solutions Masters Scholarships
- The University of Nottingham's flagship international scholarship, founded in 2001.
- Available to students from Africa and developing Commonwealth nations.
- Available for masters courses (including MRes) in our Faculties of Engineering, Medicine and Health Sciences, Science and Social Sciences.
- Help make a difference to the development of your home country and boost your own career.
- Applications open on 1 November 2016.
- Application closing date: 24 March 2017
Developing Solutions Scholars at our Scholarships Celebration event in November 2015.
Find out more about our Developing Solutions Masters Scholarships
Commonwealth Scholars from Nottingham and the Midlands at a Commonwealth Scholarships Regional Networking Conference on our University Park Campus.
- Funded by the UK's Department for International Development (DFID).
- Available to students from developing Commonwealth nations.
- Available for masters and PhD courses in any subject area at universities in the UK.
- Scholars must have strong academic ability but there is no work experience requirement.
- Contribute to the UK's international development aims and the development of your country as well as providing an excellent boost to your own career.
- Application closing date: 15 November 2016
Find out more about studying at Nottingham with a Commonwealth ScholarshipWe also offer a Commonwealth Shared Scholarship for selected masters courses in our
Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences. Application closing date: 10 March 2017
- Funded by the UK's Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations.
- Available to students from over 160 countries worldwide (excluding the USA and EU).
- Available for taught masters degree courses in any subject area at universities in the UK.
- Scholars must have at least two years' work experience and demonstrate leadership potential.
- Provide an excellent boost to your career and access to a global network of over 46,000 Chevening Scholars and alumni.
- Applicationns are now closed for 2017 entry.
Some of our 2015-16 Chevening Scholars at a Chevening Scholars event on our Jubilee Campus.
Find out more about studying at Nottingham with a Chevening Scholarship
Why study at The University of Nottingham?
The University of Nottingham is a world-class university with a global reputation for academic excellence, ground-breaking research and employability:
- One of the top 75 universities worldwide (QS World University Rankings 2016/17)
- Ranked 8th in the UK for research power by the Research Excellence Framework 2014
- University of the Year for Graduate Employment in The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017
- A founder member of the UK's prestigious Russell Group and the Universitas 21 international network
- A truly global university with links to more than 300 partner universities in over 40 countries worldwide
- Excellent careers support and development opportunities: find out how we can help your career
- Award-winning campuses in a great historical city in central England, only two hours from London by train
- A great student experience with a wide variety of student societies and sports opportunities
Find out more: 10 things you need to know about studying at Nottingham