Theology: learning; teaching; research
As one of the leading theological departments in the UK we enjoy an international reputation for excellence in research and teaching.
We offer a range of stimulating courses reflecting academic expertise in areas including philosophy of religion and ethics, Christian theology and culture, biblical studies, religious history, Islam and Judaism.
Simon Oliver, Head of Department
- New video available to view now - A Walk Through the Old Testament Part 4 with Margaret Barker Christians use a vast library of Jewish writings from the time before Jesus in their worship, reflection, and study – and they call this library 'the Old Testament.' In this video we look at how it involves histories – not as we use the term, stories that are far more complex than we usually imagine, and a series of overlapping covenants which can be the key to understanding much of what we read.
- The University of Nottingham will make unconditional offers to high achieving undergraduate applicants for entry in 2015.
More news | Archive
- Humanities Building
- The Centre's collaborative research focus on a series of workshops bringing together biblical and historical perspectives with contemporary and theological points of view on a specific topic. The first of these workshops will be focused on the fate of the body after death, to be held on Saturday 25 October 2014.
- The Hemsley
- The theme of the Philosophical Theology Reading Group is 'Derrida and Malabou; Messianicity and Plasticity'. Session 2: Catherine Malabou, Plasticity at the Dusk of Writing: Dialectic, Destruction, Deconstruction, 1-62.
- 15 - 23/11/2014
- Nottingham city-wide venues
- The UK's first national festival of the humanities is coming to Nottingham; join in activities across the city relating to the themes of Heroes and Villains, exploring Nottingham's tradition of subversion and rebellion. The festival is funded and led by the School of Advanced Study, in partnership with the Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC) and the British Academy.
More events | Seminars