Foundation Year Committee
'Foundation Year' programmes in the below refer to those programmes delivered by the University of Nottingham, including 'Gateway' programmes, and therefore do not include programmes delivered by The University of Nottingham International College (TUNIC).
Terms of Reference
- To have oversight of quality and standards issues regarding:
- the provision of Foundation Year programmes;
- admission requirements, intake targets and application and conversion rates;
- metrics for quality and student experience such as progression and award information and student evaluation;
- changes to the content of Foundation Year programmes;
- changes to the University policies or procedures that may impact on Foundation Year provision;
- resources and efficiences.
- The work on quality and standards will pay due attention to:
- pursuing University objectives with regard to internationalisation, Widening Participation and Diversity;
- enhancing a common Foundation Year ethos, with the aim of sharing and implementation of best practice from current established provision and looking for synergies in ways of working;
- optimising the profile of the Foundation Year provision both internally and externally, maximising quality recruitment and developing a coherent message about the University's Foundation Year programmes;
- co-ordinating activities and updates with the University's International College and its Joint Academic Board.
- To report to Quality and Standards Committee (QSC) on the above matters and on any other issues referred to it by QSC or the Pro-Vice-Chancellor for Education and the Student Experience.
Chair (to also be a member of QSC and the Joint Academic Board): Mr Iain Paterson-Stephens
Associate Pro-Vice-Chancellor for the Faculty of Arts: Dr Mark Bradley
Associate Pro-Vice-Chancellor for the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences: Professor Michael Randall
Associate Director, Global Engagement Office: Ms Helen Foster
Deputy Director of Student Recruitment (Widening Participation and Outreach): Dr Penelope Griffin
Deputy Director of Student Recruitment (Enquiries and Admissions): Ms Rachel Gillam
Programme Directors for Foundation Year Provision:
Dr Peter Watts, Dr Gill Coburn, Dr Shirley Ashforth-Frost
Representative of Marketing with Foundation Year responsibilities: Ms Lizzy McCaig-Last
Students' Union Education Officer: Ms Cassie O'Boyle
College Director, TUNIC (once per year to give updates): Dr Diane Dale
Senior Manager for Curriculum (Secretary): Ms Kath Bowden
Other members, including representative of the overseas campuses, to be co-opted as appropriate.
(updated September 2017)
Return to Committees list